Every couple dreams of their perfect wedding – a memorable day, filled with love and shared with family and friends. You also want something special, something uniquely yours, something magical and something stress-free!
Auchendarroch House at Mt Barker can make your dreams come true!
Picking the venue for your Wedding will arguably be the biggest decision you have to make when planning your special day.
- Can I have my ceremony and reception at the same venue?
- Can it cater for the number of guests you want?
- Can it offer you the choice of rooms and gardens?
- Is there somewhere special you can have your photos taken?
- Can it create a menu to suit your tastes, dietary needs and your budget that will leave your guests talking about it for years to come?
- Is it easy for my guest and wedding party to access?
- Can someone help you plan it so that the day is stress-free for you?
Auchendarroch can answer all those questions and offer so much more. Your search will be over once you visit Auchendarroch, speak to our event planner and see for yourself. Auchendarroch House is truly one of the finest Adelaide wedding venues making your dreams can come true.
The History of Auchendarroch House
Situated in the Adelaide Hills, Auchendarroch House, originally named the Oakfield Hotel, was built in 1860. It was sold to Robert Barr Smith in 1878 for use as his summer house, and after extensive renovations, was renamed Auchendarroch House – the Scottish-Gaelic term for “holy place of the oaks”.
After experiencing a variety of owners over the years, the House was finally purchased by the Wallis Family in 2000. It was the Wallis Family dream to restore the House to its former glory and to provide a much-needed entertainment complex for the community – and after years of painstaking work, they have achieved that and more.
Why is Auchendarroch House such a Special Wedding Venue
This majestic and versatile venue can cater for weddings and functions large to small, with 6 different rooms including the grand Robert Charles Room, the stunning gardens and even the use of the adjoining Cinema.
Aside from the beautiful, heritage-listed house, picturesque gardens and easy parking, our experienced staff will individually create your wedding to fit your requirements, needs and dreams.
Our Executive Chef and in-house pastry chef can put together a stunning menu for your event, be it a grand, sit down dinner, or canapes on the lawns. They can create a menu to suit your tastes, dietary needs and your budget that will leave your guests talking about it for years to come. They can create some amazing desserts and can even help you with your Wedding cake.
The Garden and the House provide a myriad of fabulous photo opportunities for the bridal party and the guests to take advantage of.
Everything is in one place at Auchendarroch House – from ceremony, photo opportunities and reception we have the right option for you and the comfort of your guests.
Make time to visit Auchendarroch – one of the finest wedding venues Adelaide Hills
What can we offer you at Auchendarroch House
Auchendarroch House offers venue options that include:
- Fully Licensed Lawns, Pre-Wedding Drinks and Canapés
- Variety of room and outdoor options to suit your style and your numbers
- Dining options from sit down menus to cocktail – we can even make your cake
- Opportunities for stunning and unique wedding photography
- Easy access and parking for your bridal party and your guests